The Pursuit Of Happiness: 2.85

11/08/2015 tringel 0 Comments

Another great run this season! I seriously love running with my friend Rachel, we make each other run that much harder and better, or at least she makes me run that much better and push myself that much more! It was a bit chilly and pretty breezy, but when we were running, the weather was almost perfect. The view from the bridge was spectacular and the sun-rising-in-the-sky-sights beforehand where pretty magnificent. Running over the bay bridge was definitely nerve wracking beforehand, but pretty awesome during. And how many people can say they have crossed by foot?! Apparently I walked/strollered over it with my family when I was 2/3 so it is pretty cool to get to have done it again 20-something years later -- and actually remember it this time.

I am so happy with my run. I felt good the entire time and got a better time then my goal, and better time then I could have hoped. I was going for under an hour, and hopefully around 56 minutes, and I ended up finishing (officially) in 53:35. That's less then 9-minute mile pace!! Eek!! So happy!! And like I said, I got to do it with a friend, which is way better and more fun then doing it alone. I may be addicted…but we already knew that. Every time I run a race I remember even more how much I actually do like running and racing. It makes it all worth it. And even though I had to wake up at 4 am for this race, it was great because I finished before I would have woken up on a normal weekend day (a little after 8) and got home with almost the entire day ahead of me (before noon)…too bad I spent the rest of it eating, watching movies, and napping, at least those are all things I love to do too.











You Might Also Like

0 comments: