The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

2/18/2017 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
Happy 70th Birthday Daddio, wherever you are. The 11th has been a weird day for the last two years now. I spent a lot of he day relaxing and reflecting. I of course bought my second blues song as my own tradition to honor my dad on his birthday. I explored many options, but I again went with his favorite, Muddy Waters, "I Love The Life I Live, I Live The Life I Love." For some reason it just seemed fitting. In the evening, my mom, Sue and Dick B., Rachel and I all went to a sushi dinner and then dessert to "celebrate."



Sunday
Sunday Funday. I spent most of the day relaxing and also cooking.

Monday
I spent the evening hanging out with the boy because he got out at a decent hour.

Tuesday
Happy Valentines Day. It's not our favorite holiday by all means, but being I do have a significant other I do like being able to have it acknowledged. How do you feel about V-day? Do you do anything special or act like it is a typical day? Brenden put a huge smile on my face by surprising me with a sailboat balloon in our living room when I got home.



Wednesday
Trivia!!! Shocker. It was week 7 and we are still hanging in there. It wasn't our best week, with a whole category in sports and no sports fans on our team tonight. Needless to say, we got zeros in the whole category. But we stayed strong and squeaked out a middle of the road placement. Only 3 week's left until the playoffs. Wish us luck.

Thursday
I got to run for three minutes!! Whoop, whoop. I know it doesn't seem like much, but just the small amount of progress helps to keep me optimistic. It is better then nothing after all. In the evening I went on an impromptu dinner date with Lauren O. We got sushi and pad thai and an appetizer and just a ton of food (I did run 3 minutes this morning after all). It was all so delicious and it was really nice to get to chat with LO outside of work, just about our lives and boyfriends and general things. Before we new it, it was after 8 and we had to part ways (mostly because it was almost my bedtime).

Friday
Brenden and I finally made it to Jeff and Katrina's to play games, meet their new puppy, and hang out! First Jeff grilled some steaks and veggies, and then we dove into game time. We went old school with Clue, and it was the perfect game to for the night. Even more so because I won! Double even more so because I beat Brenden after he got out of the game when he guessed the wrong room. Competitive much? It's ok, it's only when it matters.


A little late, ok a lot late, but there you go. How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Did you celebrate Valentine's Day or any other holidays? Or did you take some time to relax and catch up with friends?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: