The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

7/16/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday (327)
Wandering Brooklyn, Day 1 involved a lot of my food goals. Geri and I drove into Brooklyn where we experienced Smorgusburg. I got the ramen burger, she got a lobster roll and we split an ice cream sandwich. It pretty much met all of my food dreams. Next time I have to either come back with hundreds of dollars or a lot of friends so I can better optimize how much I can try from the different vendors. After lunch we walked over to both of The Bagel Store locations to try to fulfill my bagels needs. I got the spreads I wanted but we realized we would have to come back since they were out of almost every type of bagel. We ended our day exploring Coney Island and eating pizza there, before I settled into my hotel for the night.













Sunday (328)
Brooklyn Day 2 was met by gorgeous weather. This day was all about remembering my dad. I started the day with the Coney Island Aqualthon, which took place, obviously, in Coney Island. It was a 2-mile swim followed by a 6-mile run down the boardwalk to Brighton Beach (where my dad grew up) and back, twice. I was very excited to beat my girl time, finishing in 1:47 and placing 1st in my age group and 7th overall female. After the race I spent my time taking pictures of the Coney Island wall art before heading back to the hotel. Once I had recuperated a bit, I made my way up to Williamsburg to reunite with a family friend, Jordan. We walked around with he finance and dog and got a yummy lunch. Later I headed off to continue my ice cream mission and spent the evening on the tram to Roosevelt Island with Liz and her roommate. It was beautiful.














Monday (329)
Brooklyn Day 3 was another day for my dad. After a second trip to The Bagel Store, where I got all the bagels I dreamed of, my cousin and I made our way to Brooklyn Tech High School. We were able to see the seat plaques I had donated (through friends and family). I was able to get four seats, giving him his own row, just like I had told him I would. I was also able to see the plaque made from his 50th high school  reunion class donation. In a surprise, I also found his head in an image of the reunion on the wall of the school, remembering the year in review.






After the visit to his high school, Geri and I walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. In Manhattan, I got more ice cream. We went to Chelsea Market where I indulged in halva and lunch. Then we walked the highline before I headed home. (I made a pit stop at Harold's, of course. Since I didn't get to Katz's, it was the next best thing; pastrami was his favorite.)








It was a hard couple of days but I enjoyed what I was able to do. I tried to make the most of it, doing things I think my dad would have enjoyed and/or been proud of me.

Tuesday (330)
Brenden and I had a date night Tuesday, on the couch, in front of the tv, with all the things -- Amaretto sour, wine, a giant matzo ball, bagels and cream cheese, pastrami and corn beef sandwiches, chocolate, halva -- you name it we had it. It was fabulous. We caught up on shows, we talked, and we relaxed.

Wednesday (331)
More of my matzo ball and binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix made for a relaxing night. Also, talking to and getting pictures from one of my bests of her adorable baby girl, always puts a big smile on my face.

Thursday (332)
Road trip with my love. Aka Brenden driving through the night trying to block out my singing obnoxiously to all the CDs he made for the ride until I fell asleep.

Friday (333)
Happy Wedding Day to Brenden's Dad and Lisa. A trip to Boldt Castle in the Thousand Islands for a perfect day of weather for a nice ceremony. And then our annual stop to Chill n Grill for giant ice cream and seeing more of Brenden's family.








How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? How is your summer shaping up? Are you busy traveling from one place to another? Or are you enjoying your evenings sipping wine and taking it easy?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: