Happy 5th of July

7/06/2013 tringel 0 Comments

I know, I know, you are probably thinking, this girl is pretty dumb. We don't celebrate the 5th of July, we celebrate the 4th of July. But the title is intentional. While I did celebrate Independence Day on July 4, the traditional celebration came a day late.

My 4th was filled with friends, food, and movies, but outside of wearing red, white, and blue, it was nothing more then a relaxing weekend day in the middle of the week. The real celebrating did not begin until Friday. I went to a 4th of July celebration (on the 5th) at (get ready for confusion) my friend, Lauren's, dad's, girlfriend's country club.

We got to the club around six and settled in. They had people giving out airbrushed tattoos. I got a butterfly on my foot, and Lauren got two bears holding hands with a balloon and flowers on her ankle.


We then checked out the food. There were whole pigs....gross. Apparently it was delicious though; I wouldn't know I don't eat pork products. And, even if I did eat pork, I don't know if I would have last night. I ate a lot of picnic food: potato salad, a hamburger, corn on the cob, chips and guac, watermelon, and cookies. Yum.


There were a  lot of activities going on. They had parachuters jump from a helicopter with an American flag. There was an inflatable obstacle course. A little difficult to complete in a skirt without flashing everybody, but of course I raced Lauren. And, although, she won't admit it I totally won, twice. The DJ played music and got the kids involved with prizes. We got some sweet red, white, and blue glow necklaces.


After festivities came the long awaited fireworks. And, they were pretty good. Of course it was no D.C.  show, but hey, I will take what I can get. The fireworks were set to music which was different in a nice way, and they lasted a pretty long time.









You Might Also Like

0 comments: