The Pursuit Of Happiness - Entry #93

10/06/2013 tringel 0 Comments

October 6, 2013
Wa-hoo - succeeded in my second half marathon today (and, the rain held out)! Got my personal best time by about 3 seconds, finishing in 2:07 and some change. So proud of myself for pushing through and running the entire thing :). And it was great having Brenden there to watch me finish and share my joy at the moment!

I also got to make my own glass bead for my pandora bracelet at the Corning Museum of Glass after my race. I chose clear, purple, and blue as my bead colors (Brenden helped me choose and match it to the beads I have now) and I continued by flameworking the glass together to create the shape and design. Although my arms and legs were a bit tired during this process (I finished a little after ten and was making glass by 11) it was super exciting and fun to learn and try. The bead still has to cool and go through some other processes, but it will be glowing on my bracelet in about a week. Can't wait!

Race tattoo all set
Finish line welcome. Happy, happy :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments: