The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

9/17/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
The last few weekends have been (and the next couple will be) packed with travel, get togethers, adventure, and good news, so it was nice to have a break of calm at home. Typically I spend my weekend at home I'm busying myself with things to do in the area or clean up around the house. This weekend was a little different. I had a tasty lunch with my momma and then we shopped the mall, where I indulged in a little bit of retail therapy. I spent my time checking out new store that had popped up and giving into my want to spend money. While I was at the mall, Brenden had his break from work (!), so we spent a happy hour with him chatting, eating 'linner/dunch' (which term do you prefer?) and excitedly enjoying some froyo.

Sunday
My morning began with a 6.5 mile run, that I was glad to get in, even with some nagging injuries. My afternoon was spent skyping Laura, gracing my screen from Africa. And my evening revolved around making dinner and watching a few of the five -- yes five (in case you were wondering, that is the max number of movies you can rent in one redbox transaction) -- movies. When I get redbox movies, I get all the redbox movies. Have you seen any good ones lately? Or binged on some classics?

Monday
Because I didn't do much over the weekend, I spent my evening doing laundry, tidying, and prepping meals. It was oddly relaxing. Oh and I dove into another one my redbox movies, this one was Mother's Day. It was one of those times I felt satisfyingly accomplished, content and peaceful.

Tuesday
I made poke! And homemade furikake. And (!) I was stunned at how easy it all was. It was vegan and bursting with a blend of flavors and so, so pretty (read: trendy). I can't wait to try it with tuna, and salmon, and all the sushi fishies. I just need to find out where to buy the fresh fish. What is your favorite kind of poke?

I also made a salad with chicken and champagne vinaigrette with Brenden; that was more to his liking. I had fallen in love with Panera's champagne dijon vinaigrette from there watermelon salad, and when I found out I couldn't get it anymore I was determined to re-create it. Thanks to my shopping spree on Saturday, a lovely Panera employee and some internet inspiration, I am well on my way. And the dressing I made mixed perfectly with all the summer flavor Brenden mixed into our salad: kale, carrots and peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes, avocado and strawberries, and a parmesan crusted chicken.




Wednesday
After work I was surprised with giant sunflower balloon from my love. Just as good as the balloon, was Brenden's face and reaction when I saw the ballon and he gave it to me. Then I was treated to a lovely, spur of the moment, late-night dinner date at Cheesecake Factory.


Thursday
I have a race coming up this weekend. And I'm injured. And we can't figure out why. Phew. But I'm trying not to let that get me down! I spent my night packing for the weekend, eating all the leftovers, and resting on the couch watching yet another redbox, with Brenden. (The redbox of the evening was Money Monster, with George Clooney, Brenden was only middle jealous of my drooling over the man. Just kidding, he was great sport.)

Friday
At the beach. For another triathlon. Eek, cross your fingers my injuries don't flare up any more then they already are... I drove down this afternoon with my momma. We made a pit stop to see my cousins' new house, which is amazing. Then we picked up my race packet and headed to meet my favoritest race buddy, Rachel. After a bit of crazy, we headed back to my cousins' house where we prepped for the race and got a few zzz's!

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Are you enjoying the weather as it is cooling off? Do you have any races you are prepping for? Or are you settling for the unstoppable hibernation that will soon take place? Have you tried any new interesting recipes lately? or returned to an old favorite?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: