The Pursuit Of Happiness: 2.115

12/08/2015 tringel 0 Comments

Happy Hanukkah: Night 3. I spent another fabulous day celebrating the holiday. My day began with a nice, hard workout, which was good because there was a lot of eating and indulging to be had. At work we began celebrating with the first annual Latke Brawl, I organized. I was so excited to find out we had 8 contestants. And everyones latkes were so tasty and creative. It was hard to choose a winner, luckily everyone had a vote, and Celina won with a whooping 7 out of 18 votes.








We announced the winner at the annual BHC Staff Chanukah party at the bowling alley, where we bowled. Duck pin bowled. And, I can't say I did any better then last year. I scored 10 points on my first frame and got a strike on my second. After that it was all down hill and I resorted back to my backwards, upside down bowling technique, averaging around three pins per frame. We ate, we lit the menorah, we chatted and competed some more. It was cheery and festive and all around great. And, I was super happy to have Brenden join me this year.


From the party, Brenden and I wrapped presents, made a yummy salad dinner, ran some errands, and, like the good Jew I am, bought ourselves a beautiful table top Christmas tree for the next winter holiday. I can't wait to decorate it. But before Christmas comes we have to finish Hanukkah; Brenden and I headed over to my momma's where we lit the menorah and exchanged gifts. (I got a soft, cuddly, elephant stuffed animal from my mom and slipper/booties from Brenden. I got Brenden a "Firefly" Jane's hat Christmas ornament to go with our theme of getting Christmas things tonight, and I got my mom a panda night light.). Then we hung out and puzzled, before calling it a night. These last days have been so great, but boy am I exhausted!




You Might Also Like

0 comments: