The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week in Review

7/30/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday (334)
It's the end of July and I am just getting in my first trip to the beach. But I made it to the beach! Ah, there is just something about beach living that is so relaxing to me. It is 100% my happy place. Your welcome to share.

Thanks Lauren for driving us to Rehoboth for an amazing day trip on the sand, under the sun, in the waves. What success. We got to the beach just in time for lunch at this amazing mac and cheese place Lauren had found. Grandpa Mac's: homemade pasta, homemade sauces; everything was customizable, everyone was friendly, and(!) I loved the logo and designs throughout (that always wins me over). I mean really I could have ate and left and called the day a success.

After lunch we hit the beach and had the perfect beach day. The sun was shining the whole time (and I didn't get burnt). The water was so calm and "warm" enough to go into. It was a nice refresher from the unbelievable heat wave we were having. The breeze was lovely, and the conversation was good. And on the way home I was finally able to try Fat Daddy's BBQ, a year after my cousins' raving  recommendations. I still remember the disappointment when my cousins told me "It is so good that they can't be open on Tuesdays" (though I thought the statement was quite amusing). And I will say, the food was really delicious.








Sunday (335)
Because I didn't get enough sun and water, I made plans to go paddle boarding! My favorite. Happy birthday Katrina! This was the biggest adventure yet. With Jeff V., Lauren and me meeting Jeff and Katrina and Allan and his girlfriend, we had quite a crew. We met in Georgetown and pre-gamed with some really good gelato while we waited for everyone to get there. The we jumped on our paddleboards and kayaks and enjoyed the calm water and awesome views filled with monuments and wildlife. When we got off the water, Katrina introduced me to Baked & Wired. Those cupcakes, so worth it! What is your favorite cupcake place? Or dessert place?

I finished the day with Brenden, cruising the parking lot in my dad's '96 Toyota Celica that we are teaching each other to drive. Baby steps.









Monday (336)
I love salads. But sometimes I think I'm not in the mood for just a bowl of lettuce. Then I have a salad like this and remember why I love them so. Salads can be so much more then a bowl of lettuce. And this one definitely made my top three. Do you have a favorite salad?

This one has so many flavors going on and they all blend together so well. And mostly importantly it was so, so easy to make. Its got protein and veggies,;its got crunchy and creamy. It's the whole package. Thanks howsweeeteats.


Tuesday (337)
If you follow me on insta, you know Tuesday was an exciting day with the Celica. I took it out on my own, on the highway. I made it too and from the gym with 0 casualties and I only stalled out a handful (or two) times. It was a bit terrifying, but totally exciting at the same time.






Wednesday (338)
Trying to do good things. Stopped at Costco to get some water bottles and granola bars to keep in my car and hand out when people need it.

Thursday (339)
S'mores dip!! Omg I have been wanting to make this for so long but didn't have a small enough pan or enough people to share with. Finally I just gave in and made it in my 10 inch cast iron. And, we have enough to last the month! But it was so worth it. I filled it half with peanut butter cups and half with rolos. I sprinkled semi sweet chips over the whole thing, and then used jumbo marshmallows on top. It was magical. Come try some :).



Friday (340)
Officially going to the Sia concert with Lauren, in October. Our tickets arrived today and I couldnt be more excited. Eek! Oht, and it was a three day swim week for me :)



How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Did you try any new recipes? Indulge in something sweet? Are you planning any day trips? Or are you beating the heat with something exciting indoors? Where days spent learning something new?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: