Coming To An End

12/09/2012 tringel 4 Comments

This semester I took Digital Photography along with Words & Images. Like most classes we were given a final project. For this project we were to create a set of six photographs. This means we were to take six photographs and manipulate them using the digital dark room. The project has to have a concept and all pieces have to connect in subject and technique (hopefully all of our work with concepts in W&I has paid off). 

For my project, I decided to portray people through sunglasses. I have taken simple head shots of different people and I have used photoshop to mosaic the face and simplify the background. I left the sunglasses as photographed and layered them on top of the image. I think that a face is a go to place to try to figure out a person, so my goal was for the viewer to get a feel of the person through the sunglasses rather then the actual face. I am not sure if this idea actually came through, but I do think that  the photographs look interesting, and, for the most part, I am happy with how they came out. I hope you enjoy. 

Guess Who: A member of our W&I class was kind enough to let me photograph them for my project. Can you figure out who it is?







You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Tracy, I love these! Oh, and it's Beth! Great color choices and you did an awesome job photographing their expressions. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! I am glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, this is super cool! Mind if I make it my FaceBook avatar for a spell? I'll give you a byline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I am glad you like them. I can print you out a copy of your too, if you want. No pressure, just figured I would offer since you were kind enough to be my model :)

      Delete