Car-fitti

9/15/2013 tringel 0 Comments

It always amazes me how creative and daring people are. You would think, being a design major in Graduate School I would have all of these amazing perfectly thought out originally creative ideas, perfect for every need, right? Not so much. I find that my creative ideas are either on one end of the spectrum or another - completely out there making it pretty much impossible to find any practical use, or very by the book, dry and useful for only one purpose. It takes me a long time tune down my ideas and really zone in on that perfect balance of creativity and practicality.

Now, my car is getting old, and the paint on the bumper has been peeling for years. Of course, I could repaint it, or I could let the kids I babysit go wild with their nail polish on the growing area. But those are both thoughts that I don't think will ever happen (1. Don't want to spend the money it costs to have the spots professionally painted, the car still works perfectly after all, and 2. I don't know if I am brave enough to actually go through with letting a 4 year old nail polish/finger paint my bumper).

However, someone did take the time to fully think out his car decorating plan, and was brave enough to let strangers help see out his plan. Who would think, "what is a inexpensive way to get original decorations onto my mode of transportation? Of course, sharpies and strangers!" This guy below. And the result turned out great. He brought people together, allowed them to express themselves freely for a legal type of "street" art. I think the idea and result is pretty cool on many levels, so check it out.
Source: ifunny
Now back to the drawing board on how to fix up my car...

You Might Also Like

0 comments: