The Pursuit Of Happiness - Entry #189

1/16/2014 tringel 0 Comments

January 16, 2014
Got "save the date" number 3 today. DJ and Shane are getting married! So exciting :)

YAY, so pretty!
And in spirit of DJ's wedding announcement I decided to make the salad she told me about the other day. I am slightly obsessed with it now. It is so delicious and fresh tasting, just like summer - which is probably why she calls it her "Summer Salad." And it is so simple too, like all of my favorite recipes. Make one serving, serve a family of four, bring it to a party, or prepare enough to last you the week, there are no exact measurements so you can't go wrong with this. (NOTE: the salad looks best fresh; the avocado tends to brown and the salad will get a bit watery as time goes on…but it still tastes amazing.)
Did I say delish yet?! It tastes just a good and fresh
as it looks. I love all the vibrant color in this salad.
Here's how to make your perfect Summer Salad: Just chop into cubes the amount you want of tomatoes, avocado, onion, fresh mozzarella cheese, and basil (tonight I decided to add some cucumber and deli turkey for a smidgen of protein). Then drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some salt (or pour it on if you are any of my friends) over the salad and mix together. It may seem like pretty lax directions, but honestly that is it. I promise! It is totally fool proof and pretty much no matter what you do it will taste great! In fact, I think my dad mixed my left overs with some tuna salad and gobbled it all up. Maybe I'll try adding some bell pepper next time. Mmmmm :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: