The Pursuit Of Happiness - Entry #365

8/12/2014 tringel 0 Comments

I have been sitting in front of my computer for a few days now (okay 5), trying to think of the perfect Pursuit Of Happiness entry. I know I could have thrown up my standard quote or happy thought, but I am at post #365, and I felt this one had to be perfect, or at least have a bit more pa-zazz. After all, post #365 does mean I have completed a full year of happiness and I feel that deserves reflecting. So I am sorry for the pause in my routine posting, and I hope that I can make it up to you with this special year end reflection.

Found on Pinterest
My blog and my life have come a long way since I first decided to venture on this little project. It took me a little longer to finish then I anticipated (about a month over a year), due to days where I had no internet or I simply forgot, but I did it. They say a habit takes 20 continuous days of repetition to become a habit. I guess that was not the case with these posts. No matter how many days I had posted I still found many days challenging. I was either tired or had nothing special to post about or simply did not feel like taking the time to type something up. But then, that was part of the point wasn't it? To take something away from every day; to make each day a little better; to add a little sparkle to the daily routine. And, that is exactly what I did.

Found on Pinterest
I now have a collection of thoughts that I can look back on to reflect, to cheer me up, and to encourage me. And while this was a personal project, I am glad that so many of you have found inspiration in it as well. I cannot say where these posts will go from here. At this point I am not planning on doing another year of posts like this but rather taking what I learned about myself from the posts and others comments and making something better. I will continue to learn and grow and share my musings with those who are interested. So stay tuned for some changes and good things to come.

Source: antheapolsonart.com.au, ' Priya' by Emma Gale


For those who are curious in the days I missed:

This weekend consisted of a very happy five year old celebrating her birthday and an amazing group who have been friends since they were five, having a 'last hurrah' at a bachelorette party. Yesterday was filled with good weather for swimming and biking.

Decorating and getting ready for the fun-filled night
Tonight, I did the final and best 1-mile fun run of the season. The final run is always a male-female relay run so I paired with my friend Jeff to compete in the 41-60 year old age group and my mom paired with my other friend Jeff to compete in the 100+ age group. We combine our our ages to get in the appropriate age group.  We all did great independently and as a team. I ran another 7:02 mile which ended up giving me the first place overall award for the 20-29 age group throughout the season. Jeff went a sub-6 mile to give our team second place be 9 seconds in the relay. My mom did awesome with a sub-13 minute mile - her best this season. And Jeff got sub-7, placing their relay first in there age group! It was a great time and extra awesome that we all won something! I am so happy and proud of everyone and cannot wait until next year.

My mom and I with our winnings. Proud of each other!
One final thought to leave you with, until next time:

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~Mae West

Found on caitlinobrien.buzznet.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments: