The Pursuit Of Happiness: 2.175

2/06/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Such a fun day, and I am so proud of myself for making it happen! I navigated Baltimore on my own to attend a letterpress Valentine's Day card making workshop, held by Baltimore Print Studios. I have been wanting to go there for at least a year, and I finally made it. Naturally, I can't wait to go back and take the class they offer, to learn so much more. The studio and experience were unique and colorful. I love the cards I made, even though V-day is probably my least favorite holiday. And bonus, BPS instagramed one of my cards as one of their favorites from the day! Woot, woot, that was such a confidence boost for me, and made me feel like my design skills are on par.

The fun didn't stop there. Baltimore Restaurant Week was extended due, to the snow a couple weeks ago, and so I tried a restaurant. I have been wanting to try so many of the participating places, and I figured being in Baltimore, this was my chance even if I was alone. Again, I made my way through Baltimore, and reached the Lebanese Taverna with ease. It was so worth it! I got the falafel platter and pumpkin kibbeh combo they offered for the occasion. Omg. I will definitely be going back. The hummus; the pita with za'atar seasoned oil; the kibbeh, everything -- amazing! I will definitely being going back, and bringing Brenden along. Also, I am so incorporating za'atar into everything I make from now on (okay, probably not everything, as you'll figure in my next paragraph, but certainly a lot of my staples). I will let you know how it goes!

Finally, Brenden and I made a cake. Well we are making a cake. And it is going to be fabulous. It is late and we have to let it cool before frosting, so pictures on that tomorrow. The cake pieces we tried after leveling were so delicious. I can hardly wait to take a slice of the final product tomorrow. 
 





You Might Also Like

0 comments: