The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

10/01/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
Brenden's Dad and Lisa came to visit. It was there first time in the area so we excited to give them a taste of MD and DC. We cooked up a tasty breakfast at our place before getting my mom and heading to DC. We spent most of the afternoon exploring the zoo. I was pumped to see most of my favorite animals out and about -- an elephant, a zebra, three pandas eating away, and my spirit animals, a sleeping sloth and a komodo dragon. What are your favorite animals to see? After the zoo, we drove down capitol avenue where they saw a brief glimpse of the national mall. Then we headed to dinner at my cousins restaurant, DC Harvest. The food was delicious, as usual and it was awesome to finally get to see their outdoor signs (read: giant lights with the logo I designed) in real life.



Sunday
Happy Baptism Day for little Sophia Marie. I was so excited to make it up to Connecticut to celebrate Kristeena and Ean's little girl's baptism. It was quite a lovely day. Sophia is such a good happy baby. She made it through the whole service and she was quite adorable while she was getting baptized. It was great to then hang out with their family and friends during the luncheon after. I got to see their new house, play with Sophia, and catch up with Kristeena during this quick trip. It was also super adorable to watch Sophia try her first taste of cake an ice cream. To say the least, she was not a fan.



Monday
Sushi, sushi, sushi. It was a good weekend, but that is not to say it was not long and stressful. So, the best part of my Monday was taking an hour or so to relax and binge on sushi, which was enjoyed with Brenden and my momma.

Tuesday
How To Get Away With Murder is my tv new obsession. Have you seen it? If not, you need to jump on the bandwagon (even though it is already three seasons in...whoops, time flies) pronto! I have been binging the show since the weekend, and I am ashamed to say how far I have gotten already. But let's just say I'll be free to obsess over what will happen next, live time, all too soon. What do you think about the show? I feel like it is a more grown up, realistic version of Pretty Little Liars (although I have been having very weird dreams and paranoia since watching so I'm going to pretend it's an less realistic version, if that is possible). I need more people to discuss with! How many more twists can they throw at us? And I have only finished season one. Man!

Wednesday
Elephant socks, guest stars on How To Get Away With Murder, and dinner in bed made by Brenden.



Thursday
I think my dreams have come true. I found a pizza place with all turkey and beef meat products! And, by found, they left a menu on our stoop. They have turkey bacon, beef salami, beef pepperoni, turkey ham. You name it (read: mouth drooling). And(!) they have fabulous hummus and falafel. Weird combo, I know, but I ain't complaining.

Friday
Movie night with popcorn, icee and Lauren. We saw Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. It just came out, so I'll keep my opinions to myself for now, but have you seen it? What did you think?

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: