The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

10/08/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
Saturday was a do nothing day. Nothing. I sat at home pretty much all day, trying to recover my hip and tidy the apartment = laundry, dishes, and movies that make me laugh. The evening got really exciting, as I went to dinner at Red Robin with my mom and Brenden. It was actually quite lovely, and after a hard day of nothing, we feasted. I got pretzels and onion rings and a ramen burger. It was actually pretty good, too. Fun Fact: Did you know Brenden took me to Red Robin as our first date. It was a humorous (looking back on it) disaster.

Sunday
Happy Rosh Hashanah evening. For the second year in a row (that makes it tradition *wink, wink*), I was grateful to be welcomed into my friend Stephanie's hope and celebrate with her family. It was my mom and Brenden with her parents, husband and children. And, it was lovely. I love making new traditions and new friends and it was heartwarming to again feel so welcomed by her family. I enjoyed sharing in conversation, food, and laughter as we brought in the new year. And I hope (read: can't wait, it is a tradition, after all) to do it again next year.

Monday
Happy Rosh Hashanah. Even though I didn't do anything particularly Rosh Hashanah-y, I did spend the entire day with Brenden, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to start the new year. We (read I, while Brenden laid in the hammock reading off ingredients and directions) made cookies. Chocolate coconut chip macadamia nut cookies to be exact -- what a mouthful, literally. We went to the gym. I was able to run on the treadmill for thirty minutes, with walking in between, and Brenden did the weights. We finally experienced Fogo De Chao. And, we finished the evening with snuggles on the couch as I "forced" Brenden to try to catch up on htgawm. I told you that is my new obsession, right. And yes I am already caught up to real time episodes. But, how did you celebrate the new year? Was it sweet with lot's of apples and honey? That might be my favorite part.

Tuesday
Stuffing. Good stuffing. Homemade stuffing. Challah stuffing. Flavor-packed stuffing. With apples and onions and cranberries and sage. Hot and steamy stuffing. With crispy edges and soft warm insides. So good. That is it.





Wednesday
I love food. And I love trying new food. So when Jeff V. suggested we try tacos while we were already devouring the ramen we were trying I was quick to say yes. I am all for multi-restaurant nights. Are you on board? What was your biggest feat? I think mine was with Lauren when we hit up at least three fast food places in one go. Any-who...ramen. Yes. It was so good and I am excited I found a local place that will make pork free versions that I can eat. And then we got tacos. Because Jeff was craving them. Because he had been wanted me to try this Mexican restaurant for ages. Because I wanted to celebrate national taco day, even if  was away late. But do we really need a reason to get tacos after having just eaten ramen? I didn't think so. It was good. We were full. I was happy.

Thursday
Today is the first day of my week nannying my fave fam. to nanny for. I spent the evening catching up, "helping" with homework and eating panera with the kids. (read: finding out how not hip I am, how behind the times I am, and feeling pretty old. It made me feel how I think my dad felt when I would talk to him in jargon about apps and such he hadn't heard of. Oh the circle of life. I love it).

Friday
FRIYAY! It involved vegan chili and cornbread, pumpkin spice cookies and bitmojis with a couple of the bests.




How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Are you pumpkin spicing an fall-ifying everything? Did you have a good Rosh Hashanah?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: