The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week in Review

10/31/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
The road trip continued to Ohio. After a quick morning breakfast made by Marie, Lauren and I headed to Cleveland. Did you know Cleveland was just named Forbes "Hottest City Right Now"? I heard that on the radio the other day, and look at us, ahead of the times. Our first stop was the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We spent most of our I'm there oogling and oggling over famous outfits and instruments. After that, we explored the Westside Market where I was able to buy all the sweets just before they closed, got a few pics in front of "A Christmas Story House," and took advantage of a Cleveland wall crawl opportunity. Dinner was at Townhall, which we both fell in love with -- Lauren because it was vegan, me because it was delicious, both because of the chill atmosphere and old school board games (!) they had available for us to play as we dined. Have you ever been to Cleveland? What were some of your favorite sports? Once we were full we skirted off to Marietta for some Miki time before I quickly passed out.











Sunday
Day 4 of our road trip was spent with Miki and JP exploring Marietta, the first organized settlement in the northwest territory (fun factoid). We started our day with brunch at another surprisingly good vegan-optioned restaurant. And it was middle eastern, so I was in heaven with all of the falafel and hummus and shaksuka options. We also got to see my favorite, trains, and walk across an old train bridge. To Lauren's delight (and I guess mine since I was the one who spent money) we stopped at a flea market and antique store. And we finished the evening relaxing in the apartment watching FRIENDS and chit-chatting like we were back in high school, except of the added addition of alcohol.











Monday
The final day of our road trip. We spent another last morning with Miki. We grabbed some sushi for brunch because sushi should be able to be eaten during anytime of the day (amiright?), and then we headed home. It was so great to see Marie and Miki over our long weekend trip and I'm glad it was packed with just the right ratio of exploring and relaxing. But Iw as still exhausted by the time we got back and it felt so good to be home and cuddle with Brenden.



Tuesday
I spent the day trying to get back into the swing of things. And that of course meant grocery shopping and making stuffing with Brenden immediately after work. Our recent favorite, challah bread stuffing, was on the menu after I got another free loaf from work during the high holidays. Oh drool, it was the best batch yet. Luckily I still have a little self control, or the whole casserole dish full would have been gone before the end of the night.

Wednesday
Cinderella + ballet = another new magical adventure. The Lauren's (Y. & O.) and I went to see the San Fransisco Ballet perform Cinderella at the Kennedy Center. It was so beautiful. I don't think I have seen a ballet since I was in ballet classes, circa 1994. Have you been to a ballet? Or the Kennedy Center? What did you see? It was so lovely to experience something new, something that was so beautiful and powerful and delicate at the same time. And of course the fact that it was Cinderella that we were seeing made it 100 times better for me. Because, obsessed. My favorite scenes had to be when Cinderella "transforms" and goes to the ball in her carriage, and when the prince has all the ladies try on the slipper Cinderella left behind after the ball. But really it was all magnificent. The step family was funny and amusing, the dancing was "on point," and the sets were brilliant.



Thursday
My first paper source workshop experience. Hand lettering. I was so excited to try a paper source workshop as they all sounded fantastic and I have been obsessed with the store ever since they first opened up near my work. Honestly though, the workshop itself was a bit of a let down. It was nothing I could have done on my own and there was not much knowledge I didn't already know. The highlight though was getting to see Keia who joined me for the night. Oh and of course relishing the new papers that they had come out with since I last visited. Of course I bought way more then I needed.

Friday
It's Halloween weekend, and I debuted my costume briefly at a halloween-themed jewelry party I attended at my friend Stephanie's house (you have to wait until I post for Halloween to check it out -- unless you take a sneak peak on my instagram -- it's pretty epic). Do you have your costume picked out? What are you going to be? Albeit short and she was hosting, it was also fabulous to see Stephanie again, it's been too long.

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Have you done any crafting? Did you catch up with any friends? Are you ready for Halloween?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: