Ambigrams

11/01/2012 tringel 3 Comments

Nikita Prokhorov is an ambigram professional. He is currently working on publishing his first book about ambigrams and other ambigram artists. I think these designs are quite amazing. Not only is it difficult and extremely creative to figure out how to design a word to look the same forwards and backwards, but Nikita Prokhorov also hand draws all of his designs. He also does a lot of other creative design work including tessellations, packaging, posters, and more. It was hard to choose, but below are a few of my favorites.

Ambigram:

Charmed
Coffee
Paris


Tessellations:

Ghastly Ghouls
Lazy Lizards
Frolicking Foxes

Book:


Ambigrams Revealed

You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. This is great. Before now I don't think I knew what an ambigram was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool! Never knew what a ambigram was. looking up "tessellation" now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I actually had never heard of them before either until the other day at work. My boss is actually friends with Nikita and was showing me an ambigram of her name that he created for her, and then she showed me some more of his stuff. Really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete