Bikes, Bikes, Bikes!

11/18/2012 tringel 2 Comments

In light of Callan's great advertising campaign, I thought I would share these posters that were created to promote a biking. Although they are not campaigns, as we had to create, I really like the posters and think each is well done. 

The first set of posters is created by designer and photographer, Jesse Brew. Although they are all about promoting bicycling, I do not believe they are intended to go together. You can view more of his work at his portfolio website (the bike posters are on the second page).


This second set is created by Adams Carvalho, a Portuguese illustrator. Unlike Brew, I think that Carvalho's illustrations could work together, at least the first two. They all use a cohesive color palette with each other. They also all seem to be illustrated in the same style. The first two fit together because the bikers are not in an environment but rather a never ending space of circles. The second two are in environments and lack the circles, but they still include the sense of foreverness, the last more then the third. None of the illustrations show the bikers destinations, and none show them straight on, but rather on angles from the back or the side.


As I stated earlier, I think these are great. I think my favorites are the first ones from each set. Which do you like most? Or do you not like them at all? For more collections of bicycles(mostly photographs) or design, go to this website: http://www.sodapopgirl.net/cycles/ffffixas-illustrations/.

I also found these great photographs which also remind me of Callan's campaign project. Photographer, Bridgett Flemming took a collection of photograph's entitled, "Downtown From Behind." Here are my three favorites. You can view more of the series at Flemming's website.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. These are so wonderful. I love to see how other artist are inspired by bicycles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed them. I was originally just going to show you, but I don't think there is a way to post on each others blogs beside comments. But, I figured it would make a good blog post and you would see it here, as you did. :)

    ReplyDelete