Fearful or Hopeful?

11/11/2012 tringel 0 Comments

I found this image the other day as I was browsing interest. I thought it was inspirational, a little scary but overall and nice motivational message. After looking at it for a moment Bangs principles began to run through my head. What is it that makes this image more encouraging than scary? After all, it is a man on the edge of a cliff, and he is being told to jump to the other side. Why do we get a sense of fear, but a stronger sense of accomplishment? How would we react if the image was zoomed in so we saw only the tips of the cliff edges and much more of the unknown black? What if the black and white colors were reversed? Let me know how you feel when seeing the image and what alterations would change that feeling.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: