The Pursuit of Happiness: Week In Review

8/20/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday (355)
I think it's been an entire two weeks since I've last had sushi. That is like a lifetime for me! After I got up early to beat the heat (not so much though), and do my long run, I felt so accomplished, and so lazy. So I decided it was the perfect time to end my sushi detox and treat myself to some rolls. The rest of my day consisted of sighting some of the most beautiful sunflowers (who knew they had deep red sunflowers?! Gorgeous!) I've seen, in my friend Jeff V.'s garden, and then relaxing and relaxing some more. It was quite lovely, and well deserved, I thought.





Sunday (356)
The best part of the Olympics have begun -- synchronized swimming. I live streamed the duet prelims. Did you? It's okay you can probably go watch the highlights now. Do it. What is your favorite sport to watch in the Olympics? Gymnastics, swimming, and triathlon are up there for me. And some track and field. There was a lunch out and shopping with my mom followed by some ice cream making with Brenden later in the day. Chocolate peanut butter, to be exact. Prepping for the week.

Monday (357)
Big storms bring big plans. Okay, not really, but it did turn into a lovely, tranquil evening. The storms  lately have been crazy. And tonight it caused our power to go out. Brenden was at work, so what did I do? I ate the homemade chocolate peanut butter ice cream we had whipped up the night before (and boy was it so, so good), watched the storm in awe, and took a long nap (ice cream coma, I guess). It was actually really great.

Tuesday (358)
I had another relaxing evening, making dinner and watching some Pretty Little Liars. Always a good time.

Wednesday (359)
Swimming was fun this morning. Due to the extremely hot water (90 degrees at 5:30 am), our coach has been getting creative with our workouts. Today she gave us stations in order to get us out of the hot water for bits of time. Our stations got me doing some synchro things, which was perfect timing since I have been inspired from streaming the Olympic synchronized swimming all week. When we had to scull I did ballet legs. And when we did kicking, my egg beater skills came out.

Thursday (360)
My evening was spent being proud of my love. Once we were both home I was able to hear him tell me about his day and some exciting work and personal accomplishments he made. Oh, and I went on a run.

Friday (361)
It's my favorite time of year. The beach days. My mom and I drove down to Bethany Beach this afternoon and now I'm in sweet bliss, soaking up the beach sun and air. We go to Bethany every year, and it is just my heaven. It's not summer without this trip -- even though it signifies the end of summer is just around the corner, it is my favorite part of the season; it is my happy place.



How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? How are you spending your last days of summer? Or are you ready for fall to come? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: