The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

8/27/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday (362)
Beach weekend has begun. This is probably my favorite weekend of the year, the weekend I get spend calming my life at Bethany. There is just something about the beach, especially Bethany, that calms me, motivates me, and makes me happy all at the same time. Do you have a place like that? Anywhere I should check out?


I started my day out with an almost 9 mile run. With the ocean breeze and a big decrease in the humidity as of late, it was perfect running weather. After, my mom and I hit up the Frog Restaurant, our go to for breakfast at Bethany. I filled myself with a pancake and egg sandwich and turkey sausage, oh my. Then it was beach time.

 



Lauren drove down and got to us just in time for us to all hit the beach. The water was unbelievably calm, and the day as now hot and still, so it was perfect for swimming. Our day proceeded as follows: sitting in the sun, swimming, lunch, sitting under the umbrella, swimming, and more sitting in the sun as evening came. Around 6:30 we headed back to get ready for dinner. We decided to go to Rehoboth to try The Cultured Pearl, a sushi restaurant I want to try overtime I pass. And I finally did, and it exceeded my expectations. Everything was amazingly good and tasty, and the atmosphere was really nice. It was a great start to BB Summer Trip 2016.



Sunday (363)
Another day at the beach made for another happy me. I went for a 13 mile bike ride in the morning. Lauren crashed at the hotel room so her, my mom and me got some of the continental breakfast and then walked over to the farmers market (another thing I've been wanting to check out for years but never make it too). I left with way too much produce and bread, but then again is their really such a thing as too much produce and bread?



Lauren headed home after the market and I headed to the beach. There was a nice breeze which made the weather perfect for sitting in the sand, reading and napping. A few hours in, I got my mom for lunch, and we went to my favorite philly cheesesteak place in Bethany before heading back to the beach for more relaxation. For dinner we chose to wait for another of our faves, the Bethany Blues and it was well worth the wait. We got awesome henna tattoos while the rain poured down and we hoped for our tale to be ready. Then we feasted, ate ice cream and went to bed. Relaxing can be tiring, or maybe it was the morning bike ride, or all the eating...who knows.





Monday (364)
Our last day at the beach. Woah is me. But it was perfect. Again, I started the day with a workout. This time a did a 5 mile run and then a 12 mile bike, with a pit stop for a donut at the fractured prune. The calories don't count if I exercise to get it, right? The fractured prune donuts are one of the only donuts I will eat. I'm not the biggest fan of most donuts. What is your favorite donut place? Any recommendations?



We had another breakfast at the frog house; this time I got my usual egg, cheese, bagel with turkey sausage and a hot chocolate. After breakfast, we packed most of our stuff up and headed to the beach for our last day. Again the weather was perfect. It was bright and sunny, but the breeze kept us cool. More reading, laying, relaxing, repeat. We decided to all to the main strip to grab lunch and my mom's last ice cream of the trip. I tried a new place, Hot Dog; they have hotdogs and tacos of all kind. All the hot dogs are all beef, and, they. were. amazing. Definitely going back next year. We then spent a couple final hours on the beach. Since we didn't get in our usual outlet shopping (because the weather was so damn good), we hit up the shops on the strip quickly on our way out. And don't fear. I proceeded to spend all my money. But I am pretty happy with what I got. Oh, I can't wait until next summer.





Tuesday (365)
Woo, today marks a full year of Pursuit of Happiness posts (note the 365 in parenthesis next to 'Tuesday'). I may stop numbering the days now. What are your thoughts, are the numbers helpful? What about my posts, is there anything more, less, different you want to see or hear about?

Woo, I got in a 23 mile bike ride with Jeff V. Coming off my beach trip, I'm trying to keep up my beach workout motivation. The weather was so perfect, cool with hardly any humidity. It felt so great and my ride felt so much better then I thought it would. It was the hilliest and longest ride I have done all season (shame, I know, I've been slacking with the bike this year). I pushed myself at parts and enjoyed the ride as well. Everything I needed.

Wednesday (366)
Brenden time. After my weekend away, and Brenden's late work nights, we were finally able to catch up for more then a few sleepy minutes. We hung out and watched some Buffy, and we went on a nice walk as the sun set and it got cooler out. We talked and unwinded, oh and my accidentally got a realtor to show us a nearby townhouse for rent. It was fun and exciting, even if it was just talk and thoughts. I can't wait to see where our future brings us.

Thursday (367)
New friends :). Got to meet some of Brenden's MD friends. We made homemade pasta alfredo with chicken, talked, ate chocolate and played guitar hero.

Friday (368)
New phone -- woo look at me being all up to date. Straightened hair, and packed for my weekend trip to one of my besties and ice cream museums.

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? How are you celebrating the end of summer? Any last minute trips? Are you make changes and upgrades for the fall?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: