The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

12/31/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
Merry Christmas Eve day and happy first night of Hanukah!! This is a week filled with holiday and celebration, and today was just the beginning. How did you spend your first night of Hanukkah/Christmas eve? I spent my day cooking all the things and prepping for a first night of Hanukah gathering with my mom, Rachel, Adam and kiddo, and Brenden. I made eggs in biscuits; I tried my hand at scotch eggs; I whipped up another batch of latkes, and I made one giant cookie for santa, of course. When everyone got to the apartment I was super proud of getting everything looking nice and prepped and super excited to have everyone together. We lit the menorah and ate all the fried food, plus some yummy chicken and salad that Rachel and my mom brought. Then we taught Mariel how to gamble (I mean play dreidel) before she even enters kindergarten, and ate all the chocolate gelt our tummies could handle. We of course exchanged a few presents: Brenden got a record player and Pentatonix vinyl; I got a puzzle, Spanish rosetta stone, a sticker, and some chocolate; my mom got a panda calendar, and Mariel got awesome ninja turtle hand-knitted gloves. It was a lovely start to the festivities to come.






Sunday
Merry Christmas and happy second night of Hanukah. Yesterday was more Hanukah centric and today was more Christmas. Brenden and I didn't put too much on our to-do list today, as we wanted to relax and enjoy each others company during the Holiday (although I must admit we straightened the house a bit and it felt so good). What was on your Christmas to-do list? What is the first thing you do when you wake up on Christmas morning? We woke up early-ish and got right to opening presents from "Santa." Brenden was so happy with all of his presents which made me happy, especially because he said I totally won Christmas this year. We spent the afternoon lounging, listening to music, addressing holiday cards, and watching Christmas movies before heading to my moms for night two of candle lighting. We then headed back home where we made my traditional christmas dinner -- heating up honey baked ham. This year I spiced it up by making my challah stuffing as well and added a feast of chocolate for pre-dinner dessert. It was truly magical.

Monday
Today marked Hanukah day 3 and a very happy birthday to Lauren. The festivities included lunch out with my momma, meeting Lauren for a birthday movie (we saw Passengers -- have you seen it? What did you think?), and attending Kristina's annual Hanukah party with all the Jewish food you could think of plus a secret Santa (or Hanukah Harry) exchange. The day was packed, and I am exhausted but I wouldn't change a thing.



Tuesday
Tonight Keia, Shirley, and I had our annual end of the year get together. This time we went to R.House, a new food market place, in Baltimore, I had heard of. It was great. I got way too much food (because no one wanted to share, side eye, Keia.), but it was nice to catch up and spend some time with each other...even if my tummy did hurt by the end of it. Of course I swung by my momma's on the way home for Hanukkah night four. We lit the candles together, talked a bit and exchanged presents before I headed home to try and catch up on sleep.




Wednesday
Happy fifth night of Hanukkah. It was our second week of Trivia Night Wednesday. This week it was Lauren, Sarah, Brenden and me trying to hold the team together. It wasn't our best scoring night, though we did move from last place to sort-of-in-the-middle on the last question (luckily the actual season doesn't start until next week so we have some time to study up on useless trivia knowledge). But it was still a ton of fun to hang out and realize how many random facts we don't know.

Thursday
We got a new couch!! A sactional, actually, and Brenden and I are super excited about it. It was delivered today and Sarah came over to help us redesign our living room space. Thank goodness for her! Our couch would probably still be in boxes if she hadn't offered to come by and help us rearrange -- partly because I was instructed not to do anything for the rest of the day after my injection, and partly because it is us. But it really wasn't to bad (I say as all I did was sit on the old couch and direct, oh and vacuum a little, I could still do that). The rearranging went fairly quickly, and once I got past the stress of decision making, it was actually kind of fun thinking of all the possibilities we had with space. Brenden and I are both thrilled with how it looks and can't wait to make more use out of it. Of course we got some use out it last night, as the three of us chit-chatted and relaxed with hot chocolate while we admired our their handiwork once it was complete. Oh and happy sixth night of Hanukkah!




Friday
It's the seventh night of Hanukkah. I can't believe the holidays are almost over. My mom came over and w lit the menorah together and then I spent my evening relaxing and recovering from the injection yesterday. It was just what I needed.

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? How was your Christmas and Hanukkah and Holiday celebrations? Did you receive any good gifts, from others or yourself? How are you ringing in the New Year?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: