The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

1/07/2017 tringel 1 Comments

Saturday
It's New Year's Eve. That wonderful time of year when there is so much excitement and optimism and...pressure! Pressure to do something special, epic, meaningful. Phew. I have found that when I stay true to me I have the best time. Do you agree? What is your favorite way to spend NYE? Do you have a perfect dream NYE? Although my ultimate NYE dream is to watch the ball drop live in Times Square, I found myself enjoying a calm day and evening with my love and some friends. The morning was spent having brunch with my mom, Rachel, and Adam. Like usual we stuffed ourselves like turkeys, but it's the last day of the year so there were no regrets (not that there would have been on any other day). Then I spent the day tidying up, relaxing, and preparing myself for the night. Since my typical bedtime is equivalent to an 8 year old, staying up until midnight is a hard task for me. But watching the ball drop (even if it is only on tv) is a must. It simply is not NYE without it. When Brenden got home from work we went over to Mark and Sarah's house were we spent the evening with eating (drinking?) pudding booze (genius), playing games, and counting down to midnight. Oh, and happy last night of Hanukkah!





Sunday
It's a New Year! Can you believe it? I can't! I mean 2017, it still sounds so futuristic, don't you think? What did you do for this first day of 2017? Lauren and I did what we do best. We road tripped. We spent the day in Philly -- eating food and looking at art. Lauren got to experience Dizengoff hummus and I finally got to try their shakshuka. Boy was it worth the wait. Amazing, and the perfect first meal of the new year. Then of course I had to try one of the famous Federal Donuts. I don't even like donuts, but these melted in your mouth. I will have to go back to try the chicken. But that wasn't all, I grabbed a brisket breakfast sandwich from Plenty Café for the road. Of course we got our first wall crawl pic of the year, between walking and eating at three different restaurants. After I had more than my share of food, Lauren and I headed over to the Philadelphia Museum of Art for Pay What You Want Day. We wander and explored and took in the art until we were too tired for any more. It was quite a day. And, in the midst of it all we got a brief glimpse of the (unexpected to us) Mummers Parade. It wasn't over when I got home, either. Brenden, my mom and I went drove through the Symphony of Lights for it's last night of display until next season. The next 363 days of 2017 have a lot to live up to. I'm sure they won't disappoint. How did you spend your first day of the New Year?



















Monday
After an eventful weekend I spent my much needed Monday off relaxing and getting ready for the year (but really just the reality of a week of work and no more holiday celebrations filled with cookies and hot chocolate). I enjoyed our new couch; I watched movies, and I cooked all the food for Brenden and I to have this week: shakshuka (I was inspired), spaghetti squash, chicken. I am ready for whatever life throws at us this year, or at least my tummy is!

Tuesday
We used our fireplace!!!!! Ah, can you tell I'm excited. It has only been two and a half years. Since we finally rearranged, we were able to make use of the thing. It was magical. Brenden brought home logs and ten minutes later the fire was roaring, my toesies were toasting, the apartment was a cozy den of reflecting firelight and crackling wood for the perfect ambience. I snuggled into our new chair next to the fire and surround by blanket and pillows and let my mind relax. I have found my happy place.



Wednesday
Ummm, trivia! What else happens in my life on a Wednesdays? Well probably a lot, but as of late it has been trivia. The season started today and our team is in it to win it! Except not really, because we really no none of the answers. In fact we made our team name "Wrong Answers" after our first two preseason trivia nights. It's all in good fun though, and at least we have no where to go but up. Except we ended up doing pretty well, because, what are the odds, I knew the final question's answer. In fact Lauren and I had just been talking about it earlier in the day. (The question was asking which country in Southeast Asia has a lantern festival every November called Yi Peng. The answer is *Spoiler Alert* Thailand, in case you were wondering.) We were able to wager the max points which took us from second to last place to ninth place out of 20. I'll take it. How's your trivia knowledge? Want to join our team? We could use the help.

Thursday
A roaring fire and crockpot chili made just for me were the perfect anecdotes to the cold, snowy evening. Oh, and Hunger Games. And, my love.

Friday
It was another cold day so tonight was another evening of snuggling on the couch with my love.

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Are you ready for 2017? How did you ring it in? And, how was your first week?

You Might Also Like

1 comment: