The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

9/03/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
Yay! I made it to Connecticut for the day, and not only did I get to catch up with one of my BFF's, Kristeena, but I got to finally meet little Sophia. Congrats to Kristeena and Ean on their precious little girl, I can't believe she is already 5 months. I am so happy I was able to spend time with the happy family. It was great to catch up with them, and I was able to tour their new home that they are soon moving into. Kristeena and I played with Sophia, talked about like, napped with Sophia, and enjoyed the day. It was great.


Sunday
Today I said goodbye to Sophia, Kristeena, and Ean and took the train into NYC where I met Geri for our long awaited trip to the Museum Of Ice Cream. And it was great. When I got into the city, we grabbed a quick lunch of some delicious crepes. Then we went to learn about ice cream; see ice cream; eat ice cream; everything ice cream! The whole place was an instagramers dream. We ate more ice cream and sweets then I could have imagined and we dove into a giant pool of sprinklers. I loved just about everything about it, except for the part where I didn't get enough time in the museum. Our flavor of the day was a rich purple taro, and I ate bulk gummy worms and chocolate covered graham crackers like I was 7 years old again. We finished the museum with waffle cone filled with ice cream and sweet tasting lemons from the taste bud changing experiment we took part in. It was an ice cream haven. After the MOIC, Geri and I wandered around manhattan, and because I didn't have enough sweets, we popped into Chelsea Market so I could stock up on my favorite tahini and halva from Seed & Mill. Then it was time for me to hop on the Subway and meet my friend Cindy in Brooklyn for the ride home. I was super excited to be able to hitch a ride with her, and the time flew by as we were able to chat and learn about each other.




 







Monday
After a string of busy weekends away, I was finally able to get some decluttering work done to our apartment. Sometimes it feels good to get the little things accomplished -- laundry and dishes and sorting, galore. And the best part is when I get to bask in my accomplishments, feeling stress free as I lay in Brenden's hammock watching The Fosters season finale.

Tuesday
Good computer wallpaper at work and the Pretty Little Liars season finale at home.


Wednesday
Catching up on sleep is one of my not-so-hidden passions. After worked I hopped on the cleaning train again with some vacuuming before taking a long, deep-sleep nap, only to be awakened by Brenden's pretty face when he got home from work.

Thursday
Froyo time. Brenden and I, okay mostly I, binged on froyo and sushi, after which we spent the night in relaxing as I hogged the hammock.

Friday
Today was the last day of summer hours at work, so Brenden and I made the most of our evening together. We went on long walk, made guacamole, watch Grace and Frankie, and just spent time together in general. What did you do with your last Friday before Labor Day?

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? Did you catch up with an old friend? Do any fall cleaning? Or catch up on any shows?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: