The Pursuit Of Happiness: Week In Review

12/19/2016 tringel 0 Comments

Saturday
Today was a day for brunch with family. My mom, Rachel, Adam and a kiddo, and I all met at Duesenberg's for a most scrumptious brunch. Because it was me and Rachel together we pretty much got all the things, and we have already agreed to go back to try the few things we didn't taste today. Where do you like to brunch? Do you have a brunch go to dish? I usually stick with the breakfast sandwich on a bagel. But today I spiced it up and tried Duesenberg's "New York Style Breakfast Sandwich," which had pastrami added to it and was served on an english muffin. Oh and of course I got some turkey sausage on the side. It was quite indulgent. We also got a gazillion and three appetizers to share because like I said, it's me and Rachel. And I pretty much ate all of the kiddos pancakes. So good. Everything tasted great, but the best part was spending time with some family I haven't seen as often.

Sunday
Because my love of all things food has taken over completely since my ability to exercise has declined, I spent the evening watching "In Search of Israeli Cuisine." Thanks to Becky, I got a free ticket to see this documentary showing. It was interesting to hear how people define Israeli food. Apart from gaining some interesting factoid, I left the film wanting to go back to Israel to try every food shown.

Monday
'Tis the season. Brenden and I got our Christmas tree today. Like last year we got a cute little table topper and I can't wait to decorate it. And, there was a balloon purchased. An ugly sweater balloon to be exact. So much excitement.
Gift card design from Whole Foods, can't get enough of the Hanukah love.


Tuesday
Brenden and I made dinner together. I love having company in the kitchen. We made chicken sausage and spaghetti squash.

Wednesday
I went to Paper Source today, because I have a problems. Where do you get your holiday wrapping paper? Do you have any gavotte patterns? I filled up on another dose on holiday papers to use for present wrapping and holiday card envelope making. They are going to look so good...if I can manage to part with the pretty papers. #problemslettinggo. And(!!!) a Pentatonix Christmas Special aired on NBC. Did you watch?? I am 100% a Pentaholic to the core. It was super cheesy but I loved it all. What can I say, I'm obsessed. #cantgetenough.

Card design from Paper Source, can't get enough of the Hanukah love.
Thursday
Today was a pretty typical day, but a morning workout to start it off and making salmon and cauliflower pizza crust for when Brenden came home to finish the day relaxing with him added a little bit of special.

Friday
Have you seen Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them? I have, now. I know I'm late on this train, but hey, it is still in theaters. What did you think? I thought it was okay. Not exactly what I thought it would be, though I didn't look into it too much before seeing it. So it was good, but nothing amazing in my opinion. I am of course still excited to see all the sequels! I saw the movie with my momma, and we went to the mall and met Brenden after. And guess what we did. We bought a...wait for it...couch (Brenden and me, that is)! Eek! I'm screaming with fear and joy at the same time. We got a lovesac couch. Have you ever tried them? What do you think? Get ready for your tushies to feel majestical the next time you visit and get cozy on the couch. My wallet is not happy but the rest of me is, I think. This was our first big purchase together. Exciting times are coming.

How was your week? What were some of your daily highlights? How are you getting into the Holiday Spirit? Have you seen any good movies lately?

You Might Also Like

0 comments: